Thursday, January 20, 2022

2022 Grammy Awards postponed, new date, venue announced

The 2022 Grammy Awards has announced a new date and location.

Organisers, The Recording Academy, confirmed the annual awards show will be held on April 3 in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

The announcement comes after The Recording Academy postponed the awards ceremony on January 5th, 2022.

The ceremony was initially scheduled for January 31 in Los Angeles at the Crypto.com Arena (formerly the Staples Center), but was postponed due to the surge of the Omicron variant.

This is the second year in a row that the Grammy Awards have been postponed.

Last year, the Grammys were also scheduled for January 31, but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Daily Show” host Trevor Noah is still scheduled to host the 2022 Grammy Awards.

In late November, The Recording Academy released the nominations list for the awards ceremony with Nigerian musician, Wizkid bagging two nominations for Essence and Made In Lagos album.

Femi and Made Kuti were also nominated under Best Global Music Album category

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

"My husband worked for all he has" Toyin Abraham


Nollywood star, Toyin Abraham Ajeyemi, has knocked critics who ridicule her husband’s hard work.

The actress, in an Instagram post on Wednesday night, sounded a note of warning to critics who assume that she was richer than her husband, Kolawole Ajeyemi, due to her popularity.

She noted that whatever her husband has was from his hard work and not due to her popularity.

The actress wrote, “I don’t usually do this and I am only going to address this just once and I hope this ends here.

“People need to stop this mentality that famous people or the more famous ones are the richest in their family, relationships or even friendships.

“Just because some people do not like to blow their own horns doesn’t mean they should be seen as less or incapable.

“I’m speaking up because I won’t let people talk down on my husband who is a very hard working man and is doing a lot for me and the kids. Do not ridicule his hard work and what he stands for.
Everything he has, he’s worked for with his own sweat and he deserves it.

“I am the last born of my family and you’d think I’m the richest just because I’m famous which is far from the truth.

“It is 2022 please, we need to do better and stop this ill mannered mentality.

“Celebrate people without trying to pitch them against another person or ridicule their hard work or give credit to another. It’s so old and needs to stop.”

12 Tunisia players test positive for Covid at Cup of Nations

Tunisia’s players take part in an MD-1 training session Centenary Stadium in Limbe, on January 19, 2022, on the eve of their Group F Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2021 football match against Gambia. (Photo by Issouf SANOGO / AFP)


Tunisia’s preparations for their final Africa Cup of Nations group match against Gambia were thrown into disarray after 12 players in the 28-man squad contracted Covid-19, the country’s football federation said Wednesday.

Key player Wahbi Khazri is among the players to test positive.

“This evening (Wednesday) the players took part in a training session with 16 players present and the rest absent due to Covid-19 contamination,” the federation said on its Facebook page.

The federation also said: “Tuesday, the tests revealed the contamination of Ali Maaloul, Aymen Dahmen, Ghailene Chaalali, Mohamed Ali Ben Romdhane, Wahbi Khazri, Ali Jemal and Mohamed Amine Ben Hmida who have been isolated from the group.”

Right-back Mohamed Drager has though recovered from the virus and Tunisia are hoping that five other players, positive since the start of the tournament, will test negative before Thursday’s game.

Tunisia, the 2004 winners, need to at least draw their final Group F match to be sure of qualification for the last 16.

The Carthage Eagles bounced back from their controversial opening 1-0 loss to Mali, when the referee blew the final whistle early, by thrashing Mauritania 4-0 in their second game.

By AFP

Husband, Wife Arrested For Invading Their Child’s School With Thugs To Beat Teacher


A couple, Oyedele Nutai Joseph, and his wife, Elizabeth Joseph, has been arrested for unlawfully invading Toyon High school Ere village in Ado Odo area of Ado Odo ota local government, Ogun state with thugs to attack a teacher, Abel Thomas for beating their son, Joshua Joseph.

The state police spokesperson, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, who confirmed the incident said the couple were arrested following a distress call received by the policemen at Ado Odo divisional headquarters, from the school, that parents of one of their students are in the school with thugs and have beaten and injured one of the teachers.

Oyeyemi said; “Upon the distress call, the DPO of Ado Odo division, SP Arowojeun Michael, quickly led his men to the school where the couple were arrested while their other accomplices escaped.

“Preliminary investigation revealed that the teacher Abel Thomas, ‘moderately corrected’ an SS3 student of the school by the name Joshua Joseph who then went home to inform his parents that he was beaten by the teacher.

“Having heard from their son, the parents who felt that the teacher has no right to beat their son for any reason mobilized some thugs and stormed the school.

“On getting to the school, they descended heavily on the teacher, beat and injured him. They also damaged the back screen of a Toyota Corolla with registration number LSD 395 FV belonging to another teacher of the school Jolayemi Sunday.”

The PPRO, who said the injured teacher had been taken to the hospital for medical treatment, added that the state commissioner of police, CP Lanre Bankole has ordered that the escaped thugs who accompanied the couple to attack the school should be hunted for and brought to justice.

CP Bankole also directed that the arrested couple should be charged to court without delay.

Popular Comedian AY Welcomes second child after 13years

Nigerian Comedian, Actor, Movie Producer and Director Ayo Makun Popularly Known as AY and his Wife Welcome their Second Child and Daughter After 13 years

The Happy Dad Took to his Instagram to Announce the New Addition to his Household 
“Our prayers in the last 13 years has been
answered. AYOMIDE thank you for making
#realmabelmakun and I, Mummy and Daddy again. Thank
you for making Michelle a BIG SISTER. Thanks to everyone
who kept us in their prayers and never stopped feeding us
with positive vibes.

Recalling that AY had a great 2021 as he clocked 50 and also released a sequel to his Akpos movie character Christmas in Miami, he has indeed start this new year on a good note

He went further in his appreciation post
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your
own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he
will make your paths straight."
GOD'S TIME IS ALWAYS THE BEST “
Celebrities have reacted to the good news by commenting under the post on instagram 
Toyin Abraham, Ufoma McDermott, Annie Idibia, Real Warri Pikin, Chioma Akpotha, Adesuwa Etomi and many others reacted to the good news.

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Court Affirms Douye Diri As Bayelsa PDP Candidate, Timi Alaibe Loses

The Federal High Court sitting in Owerri, capital of Imo State, has dismissed a case brought before it by a former governorship aspirant in the 2019 elections in Bayelsa State, Chief Timi Alaibe, for lacking in merit.

In a two-hour judgment of case No. FHC/OW/CS/30/20 delivered Tuesday, Justice T.G. Ringim struck out most of the reliefs sought by the plaintiff (Alaibe) for failing to prove that the first defendant, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), wrongly nominated the second defendant (Governor Douye Diri) as the validly elected candidate of the party.

Justice Ringim noted that the plaintiff’s application was not status barred because he met the time frame from the primary to the period he challenged the matter, saying: “Every primary election matter should be filed not later than 14 days period after the primary.” He however stated that the case was an internal affair of the party.

He also ruled that the plaintiff was incompetent to urge the first defendant to conduct a fresh primary having conducted the party’s primary on September 3, 2019.

Thursday, March 05, 2020

Man Flog His Own Grandmother After His Pastor Accused Her Of Being A Witch


A man was filmed flogging her Grandmother after her pastor told him that her Grandmother is a witch.

In a horrific video shared by a social media user identified as jeromeabba, the man is seen hitting her mother with a cane in public

According to jeromeabba, the man’s pastor revealed to the man that she is not progressing in life because her mother is destroying every move he makes.

jeromeabba tweeted;
Would you flog your mother or grand mother because of witch craft?Face with rolling eyesThinking face
Was this act appropriate?Person facepalming
Did she deserve it?Thinking face

Sunday, January 06, 2019

Agbaje Goes Solo, Shuns Party Bigwigs In Campaign


There are indications that the cracks in the leadership of the Lagos State chapter of the Peoples Democratic may have informed the decision of its governorship candidate, Mr Jimi Agbaje, to operate without the support of the party’s bigwigs in the state.
it was gathered that Agbaje had assembled his campaign team without any input from the party’s leadership including a former Deputy National Chairman of the PDP, Chief Olabode George.
It was further learnt that as a result of the development, George and some PDP big shots in the state were not involved in the ongoing campaign of the Lagos PDP governorship candidate.
A source within the party, who spoke with our correspondent on condition of anonymity, disclosed that the development was the outcome of a deep-seated disagreement between Agbaje and George, which began in 2015.

Saturday, January 05, 2019

Broke Ronaldinho Banned From Leaving Brazil Over Huge Debt


Football legend being dragged through the courts in Brazil amid claims his charitable foundation owes fines for breaking environmental rules and has been banned from leaving Brazil by a judge.
The ex-Barcelona is scheduled to appear at the Dubai International Sports Conference this week.
But the 38-year-old has been barred from making the trip to the United Arab Emirates by a court in South America.
Brazilian judge Newton Fabricio demanded that Ronaldinho and his brother Assis Moreira have their passports taken off them by authorities.
The seizure order was made to guarantee the payment of a £1.75million fine imposed on the pair for breaking environmental construction regulations four years ago.
They were prosecuted for causing damage to the environment in the building of the Ronaldinho Gaucho Institute in the Brazilian city of Porto Alegre.
The charity helps work with young and impoverished people in the city and has been lauded for its work.
But authorities are still demanding the fine be paid, and prosecutors say Ronaldinho and his brother have been impossible to pin down over the money.
When the judge first ordered the passports should be seized in November, Ronaldinho was out of Brazil.
And he continued travelling around the world before eventually returning to his home country for the Christmas period.

Saturday, December 08, 2018

ABEOKUTA SET FOR FIRST EVER EQ SEMINAR



The Ogun state Capital, Abeokuta is set for the first ever Emotional Intelligence Seminar in the state tagged "Abeokuta EQ Hangout".

The event which is packaged by Relationship Pendulum Africa, an organization which has it tentacles across Africa, is set to hold on 14th of December this year at Goldzek Gardens and Bars located at Ibara Housing Estate.

Speaking to New Men in Abeokuta, the Brain Behind the event, Micheal Jacob who is a Globally Certified EQ Professional revealed that the seminar is meant to expose indigenes of Abeokuta and Ogun state at large to the competences of emotional intelligence.

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Mikel Obi Finally Breaks Silence After Being Omitted From Super Eagles Squad


Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel has stated that he remains fully committed to the national team and will make himself available for selection once he sorts out his ‘physical and fitness issues’.

The Tianjin TEDA midfield maestro, who has not been in action for Nigeria since the World Cup in June, emphasised that he will keep supporting the Eagles as they look to seal their place in the 2019 AFCON billed for Cameroon.

Gloria Ajala Is One-Day Lagos Governor, Wins Spelling Bee 2018 Competition


A 14-year-old barber’s daughter, Miss. Gloria Ajala yesterday, emerged the One-day Governor after winning the 2018 Spelling Bee competition.

She is a secondary school 3 student of Lafiaji Senior High School, Lagos Island and she would perform the pseudo-role of the governor of the state at a yet- to- be announced date before the end of this year alongside his cabinet members.

Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG

The Federal Government has confirmed a report which ranks Nigeria first on the list of countries with high record of mother-to-child transmission of HIV/AIDS in the world.
Government reiterated local and international indications confirmed that Nigeria produces 30 percent of children born with HIV/AIDS globally.

Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, told newsmen at the launch of a roadmap on implementation of the National Treatment and Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) of HIV/AIDS in Abuja, yesterday, that the situation is worrisome and requires collective action of all stakeholders, with the support of global partners to correct the statistics.

Prof. Adewole said the roadmap has been designed to give proper guidance and direction on how best to offer treatment to HIV patients in Nigeria and also, protect unborn children from contacting the virus through a mother living with the virus.
The minister also confirmed that Nigeria has 3.1 million people living with the virus, out of which 1.1 million people have been under proper and timely treatment from government.

He said he was impressed with the commitment of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) to the cause of proper and timely care for patients with the virus.

“There is no reason why Nigeria should be the highest producer of babies infected with HIV because, we have put in great efforts in the past. Obviously, more is required to achieve more results,” he added.

The minister expressed hope that the reinvigorated fight against the virus would result in significant drop in spread and good attention given to people living with the virus.
©The Sun

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Alliance for Democracy (AD).Governorship Candidate 2019, Profile.

Alliance for Democracy (AD). Governorship Candidate 2019, Profile.


Chief  OWOLABI  SALIS  is a philanthropist, A renowned lawyer,a GIANT Business mogul. He's a Man of the people. He has been proven through his numerous humanitarian works that he has carried out. His impacts are always felt wherever he goes round the globe.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Baboon In Africa Recreates Iconic 'Lion king' Scene, Hold Its Newborn Aloft



The famous 'Circle of Life' Lion King scene where Simba is lifted above the African planes has been re-enacted in real life by a monkey.


Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports



Mrs. Basirat Umar-Shonekan, one of the daughters of former Head of Interim National Government (ING), Chief Ernest Shonekan has debunked the rumoured death of her father.

Principal apologizes for flogging female corps member in Akwa Ibom State



Friday Udoaka, the Principal of Government Technical College, Abak, Akwa Ibom State, has apologized for flogging a female corps member in the school, Olaitan Adeola Kolawole.

Monday, October 22, 2018

I Have 90% Of The Governors On My Side, Only 1 Or 2 Are Unhappy -Oshiomole


Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), says only one or two governors of the party are not comfortable with him remaining in office.

Osun Election: Tribunal Grants PDP's Application To Inspect Election Materials



The Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal has delivered its ruling on an exparte application brought by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to cross-check all materials used for the September 22 and 27 governorship poll.

Governor Ambode to accompany President Buhari during his visit to Seme Border tomorrow


President Buhari and his Republic of Benin counterpart, Patrice Talon will on Tuesday perform the official hand-over of the new Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Border Posts at Seme-Krake and Neope-Akanu in Badagry.

 

In a statement by the Lagos State Government, all necessary arrangements to ensure hitch-free unveiling ceremony had been firmed up, while President Buhari would be accompanied to the venue by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode.

According to the statement, the President would be received at the Airport by the Governor, while the duo would thereafter proceed to the venue.

“Already, all necessary security and logistic arrangements have been firmed up by the State Government in partnership with relevant federal government agencies. To this effect, the Lagos State Government is soliciting the usual support and cooperation of residents throughout the visit,” the statement said.